THINGS YOU HAVE TO EAT WHEN YOU'RE IN NEW YORK
- •A Slice at Grimaldi'sYes, the lines are long…but it’s worth it to sample the coal-fired brick oven goodness while overlooking the Manhattan skyline.
- •The Classic at Russ and DaughtersA doughy poppy seed bagel served with a generous dollop of cream cheese and thinly sliced salmon.
- •A Pastrami Sandwich at Katz's DelicatessenHome to the world’s best pastrami sandwich, which is still hand carved to order (just like it was in 1888).
- •Afternoon Tea at Alice's Tea CupWant to channel your inner Eloise? Skip The Plaza and head to one of Alice's charming uptown locations for a darling assortment of sandwiches, cookies and scones with clotted cream and preserves.
- •A Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie at Levain BakeryEach mound of perfectly misshapen dough is baked to a crisp, golden brown on the outside, while remaining remarkably warm and gooey on the inside--which is exactly how you'll feel after consuming one.
- •Hot Dogs at Papaya King"The original" combo: two hot dogs with sauerkraut and a cup of milky papaya juice to wash it all down.
- •Pierogies at VeselkaTry the potato or short-rib ones and ask for them boiled.