Already on li.st? Open in app.
I'm moving. I procrastinated in preparing for this move. Now I'm struggling.
- •I can't shop adequately.I went to Target to buy cleaning supplies so I can clean my things before loading them in boxes. Instead I left Target with a Hamilton CD. 😐
- •I can't pack adequately.Three boxes to fit most of things except clothes. I ended up putting my Hamilton CD in a box and moving that up independently. That is the least efficient thing ever and even Alexander would be disappointed.
- •I can't let go adequately.Every time I look at something, I always think, "meh I'll use it someday." No. No I won't use it ever. I need to just let it go.
I mess up a lot when performing magic. I think the top three would be....
- •Forgetting the secretSo I have to take the spectator's ring, in my hand, and move it to my pocket while picking up my ring, which is in my pocket. Obviously I have to do this surreptitiously. There is a good, efficient method and on one performance, I just forgot what it was. I sat there for a solid 3 minutes awkwardly holding some lady's ring trying to remember what to do with it.
- •Learning that girl pants don't have pocketsA modular card to pocket routine where, in one phase, the selected card goes into a spectator's pocket. I've successfully stolen the card out of the pack and attempt to ditch it in this girl's pocket. The card gets to where I think her pocket should start and then fails to go in. Because it's not a pocket. It's a fake pocket. Why the hell?! Now I'm standing there awkwardly shoving a card into some girl's leg. Salvaging that one was fun, I'd say more but I'm running out of characters.
- •Making MiraclesNot all mishaps are bad. I like doing "fake" magic to disarm my spectators before hitting them with a real illusion. Sometimes, the fake magic becomes real wizardry. I took a selected card and lost it in a pack and had a spectator shuffle it. I asked another spectator to pick a number and then brazenly declared that the card's position from the top of the deck was the number picked. This was supposed to fail and I was supposed to do a "backup" trick. It worked. To this day, I don't know how.
Most of them are faces used to denote varying levels of seriousness.
- 1.😐The main sarcasm face.
- 2.😑My "what you said didn't make much sense and/or was stupid but ok." face.
- 3.😏Smug face.