Stories Behind Clothes I'm Taking to Crossroads Trading Co.
Someone else will soon wear important times in my life.
- •This Hat I'm Wearing - 2003I wore this hat almost everyday. It says Grateful Dead on the front and I just thought I looked awesome in it. Anything to distract from the fact that puberty was hitting me hard. The girlfriend I'm joyfully hugging would soon make out with a hot guy from another school. He's in an awesome LA band now. Also @sam_grey looks cool on the left. We were 15.
- •Older Brother's Shirt- 2006We are 4 years apart, so growing up was tough. It wasn't until his senior year in high school that we became close. My class took a field trip that year to spend time with the seniors. My brother immediately found me when we got there and pulled me away from my class, so that i could hang with his friends and seem cool. The chaperone didn't know where I was and was panicked. When she found me, the rest of my class was with her. I was hanging with seniors. I looked cool. We are best friends now.
- •St. Patrick's Day - 2007My freshman year of college. Did a "century club"--100 shots of beer in 100 minutes--using Guinness to "pregame" for the night. As my group of friends walked to take the train, I realized I was going to pass out and walked to my dorm room, which I shared with @Shrimptooth, instead. I fell onto my bed safely. Woke up hours later to violently throw up on our floor. I cleaned it up the best I could. Woke again hours later to my roommate yelling "What am I stepping in?". I lied. Said it was nothing.
- •New Years - 2008Winter break from college. House party. Really feeling like The Libertines were going to get back together. I was into looking "British" though I'd only been to Heathrow for a connecting flight. Listened to 1999 by Prince on repeat all day to get pumped to party. Drank gin that I brought. Other people were doing real drugs. Realized I couldn't hang. Didn't have a proper kiss that New Years and crashed on a couch.
- •Mom Gift - Last YearThis shirt is really awesome. My mother claims she bought this for me years ago and forgot to give it to me. She found it in her closet. Wish I could wear it, but it's too small. It is for a child. None of my memories were made in this shirt, but I hope some small boy or girl enjoys it. Thanks anyway, Mom!