Things Found in a Notebook of High School Poetry
A teen feeling feelings so hard.
- •Let's take a journey through this notebook I found in my childhood bedroom, shall we?
- •"Taken away too soon. Chasing away fear like the sun from the moon."Huh? 🌞🌚
- •"Speak slowly. Frankly. People don't care until you're disappearing. Stay. Stay. Because you'll never leave me."Notes in the margins about seeing a movie at the Sherman Oaks Galleria, so must have been a "friend zone" movie date. 👍🏻
- •"Gravity repels my feet back to the ground. The one-way road is blocked. Clouds rolling in, thinking of the place I should have been."This is in brackets. I liked this one apparently. 😇😎😁
- •"Dark hair, dark eyes, never could make you mine. At your age, you've got no time."Right off the bat, I know exactly who this must be about. To be fair, she was a whole 2 grades above me and perfect in every way. She's also on List App. Hi @celesteballard 👋🏻
- •"The more and more I think, the less and less I try. Anything I have yet to learn, I can go to a store and buy."🎶📀🎥👬I loved Best Buy @sam_grey
- •"Like a clock behind the times, I can't fix you." 🕙❌Ooooooooof. Yikes.
- •Enough for now.