Already on li.st? Open in app.
- 1."And give up your thirst for books, so that you do not die a grouch, but in true grace and heartfelt gratitude to the gods."
- 2."You see how few things a man needs to master for the settled flow of a god-fearing life."
- 3."All things of the body stream away like a river, all things of the mind are dreams and delusion; life is warfare, and a visit in a strange land; the only lasting fame is oblivion."
- 1.Les Miserables starring Cookie MonsterI hung with this one all the way to the end to see what muppet would be playing Javert and how they'd pull off the Confrontation scene. But it never happened. They didn't even try.
- 2.'What's Up In The Attic?' starring Bert & ErnieReading this book to my daughter. B & E make the best of rainy day by going to explore the attic. Lying in a corner, collecting dust for possibly centuries, is a portrait of what appears to be Bert's ancestor. Or is it a portrait of Bert himself? Could it be sitting up there, absorbing all his sins and keeping him immortal like Dorian Grey? We'll never know because it's never mentioned in the story.