Books Make Me Do Funny Things
I started to notice a correlation between books I read and hyper obsession with new things. Some last. Most don't. Here's a few examples.
- •Last year I read 25 books.OMG hero alert!
- •So far in 2016 I've read 20Has anybody heard of Harry Potter?
- •Read a book - try something new
- •Seven Years in TibetI went full blown Buddhist for 2 weeks. Except for all the shitty aspects of course. So like .... 20% Buddhist.
- •The Big ShortI began trading stocks through the Robinhood app and shockingly enough this hasn't been a total disaster yet. Yes I realize this book should have had the opposite affect.
- •10% HappierI started meditating! Then I stopped. But then I started again! But th .....
- •CosmosI came dangerously close to buying a $500 telescope. Now I just make sure I look up on a clear night and appreciate all the crazy shit going on up there.
- •My Year of Running DangerouslyWent and bought some skimpy ass running shorts. Started clocking a few miles a day. Signed up for a half marathon! Stopped running 3 weeks later because seriously this sucks.
- •Ready Player OneBought and Xbox 360. Played it like 7 times. Anybody in the market for an Xbox 360?
- •Shotgun LovesongsThis book. This one. First book I read in 5 years (I know, right?) and it reminded me how incredible a good book can be.