Badass Ladies on My Tv This Summer
- •Rachel and Quinn (UnREAL)The biggest badasses, period. Smart, manipulative, complicated ladies.
- •Maggie and Emma (Playing House)This is one of the funniest shows on TV. Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham are perfect. It's a sweet show but also SO funny. I can't watch it at work anymore because I laugh too loudly. I love seeing female friendships as the most important relationships on a show.
- •Jessica Pearson (Suits)Gina Torres is a goddess in every sense of the word. For a show with two white, blonde dudes as the leads, it's refreshing to see a woman of color as the head of the firm, especially one as smart, strong, and bullshit-proof as Jessica is.
- •Darlene and Joanna (Mr. Robot)I can't say too much but I've loved Carly Chaikin since her brilliant turn as Cheryl Hines's daughter on Suburgatory. This is proof of what a versatile actor she is. And Joanna?! Hot damn, that's a powerful lady.
- •Chair (Another Period)This show is full of interesting female characters but Christina Hendricks is conniving and funny and surprisingly powerful.
- •Gretchen (You're the Worst)Okay, so this show doesn't come back until September 9th, but I'm so excited for it and I just want everyone to watch it. Gretchen has such an honest and fucked up voice and it's one of the truest depictions of being in your pseudo-adulthood I've ever seen. Or maybe it's just cause I'm living and dating in LA?