"But what are you afraid of specifically?"
My childhood best friend just texted me to ask if I was OK because of my post-Trump-victory posts. I told her I was sick for our country. She asked me what I was afraid of, specifically. Here goes.
- •Roe v Wade being overturned.
- •My black friends in greater danger than ever before.
- •My LGBTQ friends' marriages and rights being nullified.
- •Losing my health insurance.
- •The abolishment of minimum wage.
- •My identity as a Jewish woman.
- •My Muslim friends being persecuted and deported.
- •My immigrant friends not knowing if they'll be able to stay in their homes.
- •The VRA being overturned.
- •Children learning that bullying is an acceptable path to your dreams.
- •The amount of Supreme Court justices that will be appointed and last our entire lives.
- •The lack of checks and balances left when everything is Red.