Deconstructing My Multi-part, Multi-wedding Dream
It was all a dream! Where I apparently had weddings on the brain. None of this has happened!
- •My childhood BFF posted her engagement ring photo on Facebook, which was how I learned she was engaged.This made no sense, as we talk 1-2 times a month, AND she never uses Facebook/social media.
- •So I drive to Virginia to tell her she can't marry someone she's only been dating for 3 months.Unsure why Dream Rachel didn't just fly--driving to Virginia would take way longer, and this was an urgent matter!
- •While driving to Virginia, I drove by the time share neighborhood my college boyfriend and I stayed at in Orlando when we went to Disney World for spring break.In no universe would a drive from Los Angeles to Virginia when you're on a mission take you through Orlando. (But I think this came from seeing pictures of him and his fiancée in Disney World and wondering if they stayed in the same villa on their trip.)
- •Then, I was at another friend's wedding reception.Which is weird because the couple got married in October.
- •Their wedding turned into my birthday party at the same venue. A party my boyfriend had fully planned.A wedding morphed into my birthday party? Unlikely!
- •My mom was at the party and interrupted me midway through to take me wedding dress shopping.In the middle of the party! When I wasn't even engaged!