How I Played the Game of Life as an Only Child
- •When I was a child, I would wake up suuuuuper early, but I wasn't allowed to go up the kitchen or TV room until a certain time.
- •So I would stay in my room and play board games. By myself.
- •Because I was an only child, and the only non-Orthodox kid in my neighborhood, I did this a lot. There weren't other kids who would play with me.
- •When I played LIFE against myself, I always used the white and the blue cars because the little pink and blue pegs to represent the people looked the prettiest with those game pieces.
- •I would make up and document entire lives of both families. Their job histories, when their children were born, what everyone's names were. How the two families were connected.
- •And the spinner was a little sticky. So I would cheat, so the white car won and the blue car lost. Every time.
- •I cheated at a game in which I was playing against myself.
- •I was a lonely only child.