Semi-serious Injuries I Got in Embarrassing Ways
The curse of being a klutz.
- •Broken toe (age 10)Smacked into a doorframe. My friend was at the door and I was so excited ran to greet her (I must run like Phoebe on Friends). My parents didn't believe that I was seriously injured and I walked up and down every aisle in a shoe store. That night my foot turned black and then my parents believed me.
- •Broken foot (age 14)Walking down the two steps in front of the house I had lived in my entire life. This happened two days before I started high school, and I spent the first 6 weeks of my freshman year being "that girl on crutches."
- •Concussion (age 21)Hit my head on a paper towel dispenser at my work-study job in college. I was trying to unplug a paper shredder and accidentally unplugged a desktop computer that a grad student was working on and her shriek startled me, causing me to bash my head on the paper towel dispenser above me.
- •Concussion (age 24)Hit my head on a towel rack while cleaning the apartment I was moving out of so we didn't lose our security deposit. My roommate called out to me and I got startled. Apparently I am always startled and my head is always bludgeoned by objects associated with towels.
- •Broken foot (age 25)Was getting out of bed to pee at 4am and both my feet were still asleep. I thought I'd just twisted my ankle until later that day when my foot turned blue and I couldn't walk.