Things My Uber Driver Said Part 2 (in Which He Asked ME Out)
Leaving @fisackerly's karaoke birthday party, my new uber driver asked me out.
- •"I can tell you're not from LA because you're very nice.""guys from LA are nice but girls are really something"
- •"I am lost."We went in the wrong direction for 10 minutes when I live 1.6 miles from the pickup location.
- •"I don't think you understood when I said I wanted to go to a UCB show that we should go together"Attempt #1
- •"Where is Amy Poehler from?" "Where is Tina Fey from?"OK, so he has good taste in women but this is still weird.
- •"I don't know if you're familiar with the uber app but you can text me. I can't text you but you can text me, so you should text me so we can go to the UCB"Attempt #2. Very unsettling to be asked out by a stranger whose vehicle you are trapped in as he drives you TO YOUR HOUSE.