WHAT BREAD MAKING TAUGHT ME ABOUT LIFE
A partial list
- •A machine's usefulness is the sum of the human who created it minus the human who uses it without reading the instructions.
- •Experience matters. You can't cheat daily practice.
- •Gluten and carbs are not the enemy. Shortcuts and preservatives are.
- •There are few tragedies that a crust of warm bread can't solve.
- •You get what you pay for...unless you buy from the middle shelf.
- •Perfect isn't necessary, but good enough is crap.
- •The more ingredients you add, the more likely you are to screw up.
- •Nothing is more satisfying than doing it yourself...except when someone you love offers to help.