HIT LIST FOR NYC: 9/25/15
Good yontif, pontiff, and hello List App. Here’s the Resy Hit List, our regular digest of the ~10 dining places that should be top of mind until we hit publish again. For this NYC edition, we're seeing French toast making dreams come true in Soho and Polo Bar still icing you out. You are where you eat, as they say. Or is that just us?
- 1.RESY X SHAYABecause you’ve got the restaurant Bon Appétit calls one of the year’s best popping up in the NYC for two nights only. Pita made to order. Lamb shanks, chocolate babka. Let’s go. // NoLita. Resy.com/Shaya to book.
- 2.SADELLE'SBecause French toast this good makes life worth living. Yes, you’re going there. Oh, and PS, team Torrisi is making bagels fresh in the middle of the room. Protip numero three: salmon salad. // Soho. (212) 776-4926.
- 3.BRUNO PIZZABecause trust in the crust. Because basement-milled 00 flour. And, fermented tomatoes in the Margherita’s sauce. This is the one that will be the one. // East Village. (212) 598-3080.
- 4.BABU JIBecause here’s your garden variety East Village juggernaut. It’s gonna charm your pants off. Just like it did Adam Platt at NY Magazine. Is Indie Indian a restaurant genre? Now it is. // East Village. (212) 951-1082.
- 5.POLO BARBecause when the Pope asked for 7:30, they offered him 9:45. False, but consider the distinct plausibility of that statement. // Midtown. (212) 207-8562.
- 6.CASA MONOBecause Mario Batali’s ultimate slow play, his small-box Spanish tapas joint, just got 3-stars from the Times, 12 years later. Two random words pulled from said review: “wild thrill.” // Gramercy. (212) 253-2773.
- 7.WILDAIRBecause you’re seeing the fooderati in this corner. And over in that corner. Jeremiah Stone and Fabian von Hauske really are delivering something more casual and, in fact, way more everyday than Contra. And, the bread service. // Lower East Side.
- 8.SUPERIORITY BURGERBecause now it’s the world’s only 2-star veggie burger, deemed so by NY Times critic Pete Wells. Beware the crowds, but beware it’s time to make a visit. // East Village. (212) 256-1192.
- 10.MOORE'S FOOD AND DRINKBecause if Harold Moore’s new bistro digs across from Lincoln Center means only one thing it’s that his roast chicken is back in action. // Upper West Side. (212) 956-1288.