FASHION TOP 10: BLACK LEGGINGS FOR LAYERING
Forget about the LBD. The true closet MVP is the LBL (little black legging). Honestly, you can’t own too many pairs of black leggings. Thankfully, Rank & Style, a site that uses a unique algorithm to crawl the Web and find the best-selling products based on popularity, quality and “buzz” factor, has culled the top-10 black leggings for you.
- •#1 Zella Live In Slim Fit Leggings ($52) at Nordstrom. http://bit.ly/1X4JdZi Savings tip: Get free shipping and returns at Nordstrom. http://bit.ly/1K9T5aJThese reversible leggings are versatile, comfortable and reassuringly thick. The four-way stretch fabric allows for a wide range of motion, and the moisture-wicking fabric keeps you cool.
- •#2 Hue ‘Ultra’ Wide Waistband Leggings ($33.90) at Amazon http://amzn.to/1NK4WlKThanks to an extra-wide waistband, these leggings will eliminate any potential muffin top. They are super soft, so wear them throughout winter with oversize sweaters.
- •#3 Aerie Real Soft Leggings ($15.95) at American Eagle Outfitters http://on.ae.com/1FdcrjVAt less than $20 a pair, you might as well buy a few of these to throw on during those chilly nights at home.
- •#4 Splendid Modal Leggings ($54.50) at Amazon http://amzn.to/1NReAEQAre those pants or leggings? No one will know the difference. Tuck them into your Chucks or boots, and you’ll be set.
- •#5 Lyssé Leggings Tight Ankle ($60) and Control Top Leggings ($59.75) at Amazon Lyssé: http://amzn.to/1gJZeDh Control Top: http://amzn.to/1Lbj45JChoosing between these two is tough. The control-top style will give you a flat tummy and smooth hips, while the tight-ankle version is perfect for low-key days when you’re watching movies at home.
- •#6 Yummie by Heather Thomson Rachel Compact Cotton Leggings ($25) at Amazon http://amzn.to/1NRewopCotton and spandex layers will keep your stomach and trouble areas in check, and an extra-high waistband will have you feeling supported at your workout class.
- •#7 Sexy Stretch Leggings ($29.90) at Express http://rstyle.me/n/ba4yy6v486 Savings tip: Take 10% off at Express. http://bit.ly/1jAFcgdThis is another pair that doubles as pants. Pair these with heels or booties, and you’ve got a spicy outfit on your hands.
- •#8 J.Crew Signature Leggings ($34.50) at J.Crew http://rstyle.me/n/7ygmdv486 Savings tip: Grab J.Crew coupons. http://bit.ly/1LN0H4iThese chic leggings will be your go-to on those mornings when you wake up and just can’t.
- •#9 Madewell Knit Leggings ($29.50) at Madewell http://bit.ly/1OCKHafMadewell recently updated these with extra stretch, so they’ll hold their shape. Rock them on game days when you’ll be lounging hardcore.
- •#10 Victoria’s Secret PINK Lounge Leggings ($20) at Victoria’s Secret http://bit.ly/1gqqOG2 Editor’s savings tip: Shop with Victoria’s Secret coupons. http://bit.ly/1GHC9IsThese are ideal for layering, and the price isn’t too shabby at all. Having these on hand for travel, exercise or cool-weather days is a must!