Top 5 Albums of All Time
To list the 5 best albums of all time is'nt an objective feat. It'll always be subject to the author of said list. That being said, the following list, to my eyes, is nothing more than a collection of memories and dreams that have defined my life. Written nostalgia. To you, it's a way of knowing what great music to listen to if you were to ask me.
- •St. Vincent - "St. Vincent" (2014)This one was quite a surprise. Little did I knew about the treat I was in for when I first listened to this one. It has so much to offer; I mean, in terms of style, it is so ambitious, so rich. In a way, it reminds me of the first Pink Floyd album; not quite sure what genre it is, but the music just captivates me. It is easy to listen to, and the lyrics are so unique; this is different and relevant, which presumably is too difficult to ask for these days. Also, Annie's voice is beautiful.
- •Belle and Sebastian - "Tigermilk" (1996)Back in the day, I was too accustomed to 70's rock music. I mean, 90's music seemed to me, at the time, nothing more than a weird amorphous blob of technodance and pop. Those days I was looking for something warm and calm. A friend recommended B&S to me, even though he never listened to one of their albums. So, the question was: Tigermilk or Sinister? I've always loved begginings. Tigermilk sounds like Folk music with a series of modern arrangements. Like jazz & folk rolled up into one.
- •Talking Heads - "Talking Heads:77" (1977)
- •David Bowie - "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders from Mars" (1972)
- •Roxy Music - "Roxy Music" (1972)