Already on li.st? Open in app.
No, I'm not dead. I haven't posted a list in a while because I was a cabin counselor for the last two months. Minus the lack of stable wifi, it was AMAZING. Best summer of my life. Now I'm transitioning into my sophomore year, and I'm super excited!... expect that's in two weeks and I have no idea what to do with my life. This is Limbo.
- 1."I don't know what to do with my hands"You just kinda look around and go "now what? "
- 2.You indulge in your new freedomNo kids to watch? No responsibilities? No authority? Time to play video games for 5 hours, shirtless and eating pringles.
- 3.You start to feel a little lethargicThere's that nagging feeling that you should be doing something, but it is quickly silenced by the sound of you kicking ass at Rocket League.
Since last night, I've been showing symptoms of a really bad virus that hit Timber-Lee last summer. Since everyone is paranoid of a Day Z like outbreak (me included), I've been put in 24 hour isolation until this virus decides to get the fuck out. Here's what's been going through my head
- •"Sure thing, I'll sit in the nurses office for a few hours"
- •"24 hour quarantine? Oh... well this should be something"
- •" I get the cabin that hasn't been used all summer? To myself? No please, lead the way"
You what's really nerdy? Liking video games. You know what's even nerdyer (nerdier, nerdyr... whatever)? Making a list of your top 10 favorite ones.
- 1.Super Mario SunshineThe addition of FLOOD was so refreshing, and exactly what the Mario franchise needed. Best Mario game of all time, no arguments.
- 2.Spec Ops: The LineThis was the first game I had to take a break from playing just because of something that happened. If you've played it, you know. If you haven't, change that.
- 3.Just Cause 2Why? Just 'cause. Side note: I loved JC3, but it went a little too overboard, which is saying something
Some songs just make you feel unstoppable, and these songs make me wanna take over the world and do it in style
- •Cult of PersonalityObvi
- •TestifyYou go rage against that machine
- •I Don't Wanna StopYou know I saw Ozzy once? In DC? At the Lincoln Memorial? Yeah.
- •Make actual moneyFucking impossible
I wouldn't mind TV commercials if they weren't so damn predictable. Join me as we dissect one, and write our very own shitty commercial!
- 1.Opening lineThis can be a joke, intro statement, or even exactly what the product is. Just make sure you establish that the next 25 seconds are gonna be painful and cheesy Eg: "When you take a sip of new Danimals Animal Blast,..."
- 2.Random twistNow that you got your audience "hooked" you can hit them with that random twist that some 6 year old may find funny, if you're lucky Eg: "it'll taste like a robot gorilla on banana island! "
- 3.REMEMBER: RANDOM = FUNNYDon't listen to those "expert comedians", if it's random, it's funny. PEANUT BUTTER ONION NIPPLES see?
It's currently 12:46am, and I have my last exam of freshman year at 9am. Though I should be sleeping, I can't help but reflect on Freshman year. It's been amazing, honestly the best year of my life, and I have to recognize what made it so good.
- •I made amazing friendsMy friends this year ment the world to me. I met so many amazing people, and I have so many fond memories and have grown so much thanks to the people at Calvin. From my amazing quest group, to my dorm, to random people in my classes, it's amazing how much they all changed me. I'm so thankful for all of you.
- •The upper classmen were so coolI was TERRIFIED of them comming into college. But the sophomores in the dorm were so amazing. All of them stepped up to give RVD a great community, and now some of my best friends are sophomores. I even met some seniors (holy shit ) who were kind enough to take me under their wing and be my friends. That's amazing.
- •The dormWHO ARE WHO ARE WHO ARE WE
These albums are not only cornerstones of who I am and my music taste, but have something for everyone, no matter what you like. Let's go.
- •American IdiotNumber of people suprised: 0 It's a masterpiece, a beautiful combination of classic punk-rock angst with genuinely thought provoking adult themes. God I love this album.
- •Here's To The MourningBarley anyone I know has heard of Unwritten Law, and this is heart breaking. I first heard Celebration Song on Need For Speed Underground 2, and when I found the album and artist, I was blown away. Hard rock never sounded so good. It started my appreciation of hard rock, and that would lead me to see all kinds of musical possibilities.
- •Costello MusicYou know those guys that wrote the Blackhawk song you hear when they score? Well this is the album! It's rather bitter sweet to me at this point, because I shared this album with a past relationship that... well didn't go well. But the album is still great, a fun, joyous experience that feels like a night of drinking with your best friends. Changed me to really slow down and have fun. And stay away from brothels.
From his heart