So I Finish Feshman Year Tomorrow
It's currently 12:46am, and I have my last exam of freshman year at 9am. Though I should be sleeping, I can't help but reflect on Freshman year. It's been amazing, honestly the best year of my life, and I have to recognize what made it so good.
- •I made amazing friendsMy friends this year ment the world to me. I met so many amazing people, and I have so many fond memories and have grown so much thanks to the people at Calvin. From my amazing quest group, to my dorm, to random people in my classes, it's amazing how much they all changed me. I'm so thankful for all of you.
- •The upper classmen were so coolI was TERRIFIED of them comming into college. But the sophomores in the dorm were so amazing. All of them stepped up to give RVD a great community, and now some of my best friends are sophomores. I even met some seniors (holy shit ) who were kind enough to take me under their wing and be my friends. That's amazing.
- •The dormWHO ARE WHO ARE WHO ARE WE
- •I didn't have a girlfriendOr a thing, or was talking to anyone, whatever the fuck that means. I had crushes obviously, but nothing really grew. And I'm becoming ok with that. I wanted a relationship this year, and when I realized that wasn't going to happen, I felt sad and honestly lonley. Soon it seemed like everyone was dating, and it hurt my heart a lot. But in the end, God said no, not this year, and I know I grew because of it. How, not sure, but my heart was filled with other things, and that was more than enough.
- •I learned a lotI have never learned so much in so little time. I feel like a damn genius, and I found my calling in computer science. That's an amazing feeling, and I can look to the future with excitement and wonder.
- •I felt painThis year, I was lied to... and cheated, ignored, betrayed, and all around, hurt. It wasn't always happy. But I'm a stronger man in God because of it. He taught me to look to Him in times of trouble, which I don't always do. I found comfort in Him, and learned that He is always there.
- •I became a better artistI played drums in worship, bass in my dorm, and honed my comedy in improv. I wouldn't be anywhere without those. My skills would dull like a... a uh... dull... hammer... ok I still need work
- •GodJust.... how can I put this into words. I don't think I can. What a good, good God we have.
- •The futureI'm so excited. I can't wait for next year, and next year, and next year, and every year after. God bless.