Seven Self-Care Rituals
You can't pour water from an empty cup. Here are some great ways to restore your emotional energy in trying times.
- •Grounding MeditationFocusing on your breath, slowly bring your attention to your base- your feet or where you're seated. Allow yourself to become aware of the ground beneath you. With every breath imagine yourself setting down roots, like a tree. After you're firmly rooted in place, imagine your breath bringing growth upward- branching out with every inhale and exhale.
- •Yin YogaYoga focused on restorative asanas can be a good way to calm that monkey-mind and stretch out before bed.
- •Salt BathThere is nothing like soaking the day's aches and pains away in an Epsom or Dead Sea salt bath. There are all manner of salt bath options, but Epsom salts are a solid, inexpensive choice..
- •Listening to music with headphonesDon't think. Listen. Get lost. Appreciate.
- •JournalingWrite it all out. ALL of it.
- •Love session with your petThere is nothing like the heart-healing powers of unconditional love. Spending time with your furry friend is a fantastic way to stay in the moment. All that matters is right now and if you can scratch under that chin *just* right.
- •Read a favorite bookGet lost in a familiar world with characters you already know and love. Even if only for a portion of the journey.