7 PHOTOS OF MARLON JAMES LOOKING AMAZING
Whether with the Duchess of Cornwall or a cat photobomb......
- 1.Marlon James became the first Jamaican ever to win the biggest prize in the English language for his novel A Brief History of Seven Killings. The judges said it was “a unanimous decision.”
- 2.He also won the Anisfield Wolf Book Award which recognizes his book’s contribution to the understanding of racism & cultural diversity. Also: CAT PHOTOBOMB!
- 3.THIS JACKET
- 4.Seth Meyers loved A Brief History of Seven Killings. Seriously loved it. Watch the @LateNightSeth clip to hear Marlon talk about that time he tried to break into Prince’s home...an appearance @bookriot called one of their favorite ever! http://bit.ly/1TQr41c
- 5.When Marlon accepted the Man Booker Prize, Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla Parker-Bowles) told him she was reading the book. When he asked how she was handling the Jamaican patois, she replied: “I knew Bob Marley.” Okay then…
- 6.Marlon has been keeping everyone in check with his thoughtful and honest remarks on racial diversity in the literary world and racism in the US. Next thing to do? Follow him on Facebook to stay informed: https://www.facebook.com/marlon.james1?fref=ts
- 7.Yeah, there’s not much else to say about this yellow chair photo except: amazing.