My Forty Fabulous Year
I didn't want to be sad about turning the big 40, so I made it fabulous! AND IT WAS! As a mom, I'm always giving and neglecting myself. This year it was going to be all about me. I think I accomplished this goal. So on my last day of being 40, I'm reflecting on what an amazing year I have had. (These are in no particular order of importance!)
- •It started off with a wonderful bday dinner with wonderful people. My BFF pushed back her normal visit to be here for the celebrationPic taken on my actual 40th birthday.
- •I signed up to be a volunteer at the only Childrens Hospital in OklahomaIt took me awhile to not cry after each night when I was done. Especially on the cancer floor. My job is to take the toy cart to kids that are admitted that day. I'm the fun person they get to see!
- •It took me this long to be brave to wear bright lipstick!
- •Summer family vaca to LA happened to be the same time as the red carpet premiere of Inside OutWe waited for 3 hours before we got to see Mindy! My daughter got to take some pics with some Disney Channel stars. I couldn't believe I saw Mindy!! It was the best!
- •I got to hold an Oscar...one of Walt Disneys!We had a free VIP tour of the Walt Disney Studios and Radio Disney. It was amazing. All because we had 15,000 Disney Movie Reward Points. We have almost every Disney movie.
- •The UCB for Emmy consideration writers panel for The Mindy ProjectSo I picked the best time to go to LA. I waited 3 plus hours to get a spot for standby. We got to sit on the first row. I couldn't believe I was there..it was the best!
- •Got to see Salvador Perez Emmy nominated costume designs
- •I ran my first 5KI did this for me and for my mom. She was 37 when she died of breast cancer and I tried to live this year for her as well!
- •I shot a gunIt was a themed bday party for my bro-in-law and it was at a gun range. I hate guns but i was proud of myself for doing it. I'm a bad aim though.
- •I got to see see NYC from the top of the Empire State BuildingI hate heights but I didn't have any anxiety at all.
- •Witnessed my friends get married on their 20th anniversaryThe NYC skyline behind them. Beautiful
- •Had my first NYC slice..and it was yummy
- •Saw my first Broadway showI have been to three West end shows but this was my first chance to see a Broadway show. The chairs are just as little..not long leg friendly
- •Went to Mindy Kaling's Why Not Me Book tour in LAWaited forever in line but luckily I had good company to help pass the time away. My first Mindian meet up! 📷 @AileenRR
- •My second picture with Mindy Kaling in one yearSeriously, I still can't believe it. She made me cry talking about her mom during the in convo part. My only dream in life was to become a mom, because I never got to have a mom past age 11 or that close relationship. I hope one day @mindy can fill that dream as well.
- •Met the one and only Emmy Nominated Mr. Perez
- •Enjoyed the beach without kids, but felt like a kid at the beach
- •I have some more few firsts that I've always wanted to do that I enjoyed this year especially from my 2 trips to LA and my trip to NY. I've had a blessed year. Can't wait to see what 41 has in store for me.