RIDICULOUS COOKING TASKS I INSIST ON DOING
Um, it tastes better this way?
- •Making my own butterOkay but it's not actually that hard with a food processor. I used to do it with an electric paint mixer! Five gallons at a time! Uphill both ways!
- •Cooking exclusively with dried, not canned beansThis is really just because I do not own a can opener.
- •Crushing coffee beans in a hand-crank burr grinderMy neighbors hate me.
- •Rinsing and roasting the seeds of every winter squash I cookSnacks are a good thing to have handy at all times.
- •Frothing milk for coffee in a sauce pot with a whiskI guess I like doing extra dishes.
- •Carrying all of my lunch elements in separate glass jars"Have several heavy, breakable containers on your person at all times," I always say.
- •Rendering my own lardBut I'll be honest, only when I can get my hands on some good fatback.
- •Steeping looseleaf tea in a pot; never in bagsDon't even say the word "microwave" to me, brah
- •Making small-batch simple syrup for DIY sodaFlavors currently in my fridge: rosemary and honey-sage. I'm such an asshole.