BEST PICTURE NOMINEES AS DESCRIBED BY SNL'S STEFON
- •"The Big Short." It has everything. Credit bubbles, Wall Street strippers, a collapsed housing market, and blond Steve Carell
- •"Mad Max: Fury Road." This one has post-apocalyptic biker gangs, a green palace, and someone named Imperator Furiosa.
- •"Bridge of Spies." It has KGB spies, back channel messages, and East German Border Guards.
- •"Brooklyn" has Irish immigrants, Coney Island breezes, and a priest named Father Flood.
- •"The Martian." A duststorm on a distant planet, Chinese astronauts, and a journey to the Schiaparelli Crater.
- •"Room" has yoga in captivity, an escape from Old Nick, and a long-haired little boy.
- •"Spotlight" has it all: Stale coffee, Boston accents, priests from your nightmares, and communion wafers.
- •And the hottest movie of the season is..."The Revenant." It has animal pelts, rare bison meat, and bears that sound like Harrison Ford.