10 REASONS NOT TO YELL AT YOUR YOUNG CHILDREN
Think before you act.
- •It's unnecessary.
- •It's lazy.
- •It's mean-spirited.
- •Why would you want to yell at someone you love?
- •It teaches the lesson that bigger people can act threateningly toward smaller people.
- •It frightens and stresses out children, which is not good for their physical and mental health.
- •It doesn't teach a useful lesson, it just instills fear.
- •It sets a very bad example for how to solve problems.
- •It can make your kids angry and resentful, possibly leading to eventual strong oppositional or vengeful behavior, such as lying, deceiving, and using drugs.
- •It makes kids feel bad about themselves, it lowers or hinders the development of their self-esteem and self-confidence, and it makes them less confident and poorer decision makers.