Already on li.st? Open in app.
At the request of @willmorris I have compiled another Community list. The end tags were one of the best parts of the show. While there are many great end tags, I have decided to compile a list of my favourites. For this list, I've only included end tags that were not based on the episode they were tagged onto.
- 1.Spanish Rap S1E2The first end tag on the show. This set the tone for the rest of the end tags for the season, which lead to many brilliant end tags with variances on the Spanish Rap. These end tags are some of the best, the mashup with Africa by Toto (season 2 episode 1) is probably my favourite for musical reasons, but full credit has to be given to the original rap for spawning the others. It's a fun, creative way of showing the use of basic Spanish in a rap that makes little sense.
- 2.Impersonations S1E4In this end tag, Troy and Abed sit on the other side of a window impersonating the people on the other side based on their appearance until Jeff points out that they can all hear them. The two then immediately pretend they were sleeping the entire time. This shows the childish immaturity of Troy and Abed through their impersonations as well as their belief that people would fall for their sleep ruse. The moment when everyone turns and looks at them is priceless.
- 3.Christmas Troy S1E12This is a great example of the end tags trope of Jeff walking in on Troy and Abed doing something stupid, proclaims it is stupid with a "too cool for this" attitude followed by a cut to him participating. This is made all the funnier by the ridiculousness of decorating Troy as a tree and the "Oh Christmas Troy" song parody they sing while doing it.
One of the aspects of community which sets it apart from many sitcoms was its intense and frequent pop-culture references. This list consists of my top ten favourite episodes that were based entirely on a homage (so the good will hunting episode [S1E24] doesn't count as it is a subplot and doesn't involve everyone) [may contain spoilers]
- 1.Pillows and Blankets S3E14Possibly my favourite community episode full stop, this features a fight between abed and troy that takes over the entire campus. The brilliance of this is its done in the style of a Ken Burns documentary, specifically his famous Civil War series. The episode captures perfectly the style and uses it to great comic effect as well.
- 2.A Fistful of Paintballs S2E23Parodying the spaghetti westerns of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood, the title itself is a direct reference to the infamous "first full of dollars". The paintball competition as always allows the show to go full blown parody, and ridiculous aspects such as Pierce's saloon really add to the brilliantly absurd homage.
- 3.Modern Espionage S6E11The final of the paintball episode, this one manages to freshen the concept up by having an underground paintball competition leading to a spy themed episode replete with references to James Bond films and the like.