RANKING SONGS FROM DAMIEN RICE'S NEW ALBUM "MY FAVOURITE FADED FANTASY"
- •I Don't Want to Change YouThis was pre-released for a reason. More produced than most of Rice's songs from "O" or "9". Same Damien. New sound. But not a bad thing.
- •The Greatest BastardLive versions of this song has been floating around on YouTube for years. It's nice to have an album version finally. And hear that, Lisa Hannigan? Damien is a bastard and he's sorry!
- •It Takes A Lot to Know a ManMaybe it's the repetitive piano theme, but this song got stuck in my head more than any other song on the album.
- •Colour Me InThis sounds like it would fit perfectly on "O". And that's the greatest compliment a song should receive.
- •Trusty and TrueI like when it sounds like Rice is tapping into his Irish roots.
- •My Favourite Faded FantasyAnother pre-released song meant to show Damien's more produced sound. I like it. But after a month of listening to it on repeat, I'm a bit over it. Which doesn't happen often with Damien Rice songs.
- •Long Long WayFeels like a long long song. A good ending for the album but don't want to listen to it on its own.
- •The BoxSadly, even with only 8 songs on the album this was filler. Forgettable.