Things I worry about
Lately, I seem to have a lot of time where my mind is free to just wander all over the place and worry about any and every little thing. Here are the things I worry about.
- •I worry about what I'm going to studyAfter changing my major from engineering to undeclared, there is a lot to consider. Honestly, I know what things I might like, but I have no clue what I love. This level of uncertainty bothers me. What if I choose something I don't end up loving? What if I end up wasting too much time in the process of choosing, and end up graduating later than planned?
- •I worry about hating my future jobEven if I pick a good major, it won't matter if my future job sucks. What if I don't feel fulfilled? What if I get stuck at some awful job because I just need the money? What if my boss or coworkers suck?
- •I worry about college expensesCollege is pretty expensive. Especially at Calvin.
- •I worry that the people I love will make bad decisionsI don't want my loved ones to make dumb or self destructive decisions. I want the best for them. I hate to see them pay the consequences.
- •I worry about whether or not my loved ones are okayIs there a reason that they're acting different than normal? Would they tell me if something was wrong? Or, if they've gone through something rough recently, are they dealing with their circumstances well?
- •I worry that I'm not doing enough for the people I loveSometimes, I feel like I should be of better service to others. I wonder if I can or should be doing more.
- •I worry that I'll let down the people I love
- •I worry that I'll be misunderstoodI don't want my intentions to be misinterpreted. I want people to be able to see the wholesome, innocent reasoning behind some of the seemingly unreasonable or insane things I do.
- •I worry that I'll grow apart from people who are important to meIt's happened. It's the worst. If it happens again, I want to make sure that it's not my fault.
- •I worry about all the crap happening in the worldAnd I feel pretty helpless. The world is hurting and people are suffering and it sucks and it breaks my heart.
- •I worry about missing outI have major FOMO. There's just so much to do and experience and I don't want to miss a second of it.
- •I worry about my relationship with GodIt seems to always be improving, but every now and then, I wonder if I'm doing all that God wants me to be doing, if I'm listening to him, if I'm trying as hard as I can to obey him, if there's something more he's calling me to.
- •I worry that I won't have any free time this fallI love having free time. But I might have a lot of homework, or I might need to work more than last semester, or I might have other responsibilities that get in my way of enjoying myself and relaxing every once in a while.
- •The other day, in the midst of me worrying, a verse popped into my head
- •Philippians 4:6 says this:Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
- •I needed to hear this...I don't need to worry. I shouldn't ever be anxious about anything! Instead, I should pray to God, hand all my worries over to him, and keep my eyes open for how he answers my prayers. I don't pray nearly enough for all of the worries that I have. The reason I worry so much is because I try to handle all of these things in my own power, when God tells me that he is here to guide and help me, and I just need to come to him when I am weary, downtrodden, anxious, and worried.