TV shows that always make me laugh
One of the many joys in life is comedies. No matter where I find myself, I'm always in the mood for a good laugh. Sad, tired, happy, or even flabbergasted, I'm always willing to relax and watch some TV. These are the comedies that make me laugh the most.
- •30 RockI've seen this show, all the way through, twice. Every character is hilarious and over the top. It's very clever, though also very strange. Its somewhat off sense of humor matches mine very closely.
- •Unbreakable Kimmy SchmidtThis show has many of the same people as 30 Rock working on it, including Tina Fey, and this is evident in its strange humor. The characters in this one are just as unique and hilarious.
- •CommunityOne of the things I love most about Community is its episodes which parody other TV and movie tropes. There is a western episode, a zombie apocalypse episode, a documentary episode, an episode where they parody Law and Order, a claymation episode... This show is so meta, and makes so many references and homages to media; it is so clever and creative, and the characters are also pretty great.
- •FriendsFriends is such a classic. I have seen numerous episodes more than twice, just because it has reruns on TV so often. Each character is iconic; there are so many quotable and memorable episodes.
- •The OfficeI find myself referencing The Office quite often. Michael Scott is such a memorable, quotable, lovable character. Actually, all of the characters are fantastic and unique. The Office is so good at making me laugh, making me cry, and most importantly, making me uncomfortable. I love the tone of this show.
- •Parks and RecreationThere are few shows that have such a great cast as Parks and Rec. The characters work so well together, to make me laugh, cry, and smile. I don't think I was ever so emotionally invested in characters of a TV show. It is so quotable and I wish that I could watch it again for the first time.
- •Arrested DevelopmentArrested Development is probably my favorite TV show on this list. It is such a clever show. There are so many recurring jokes, and there's a ton of hidden humor as well. I wish that it hadn't been cancelled after its third season, though I'm glad that Netflix made a fourth season. The cast and characters are also fantastic.
- •American Dad!I'll be the first to admit that American Dad! is a pretty dumb show. But I love it just the same. My friends and I watch this show together when we hang out, and quote it all of the time. This show is very creative, and since it is a cartoon, it is easy for it to become incredibly ridiculous, which causes it to become equally hilarious.
- •Saturday Night LiveSNL does not always hit its mark, admittedly, especially in recent seasons. But just the same, there are so many sketches from over 30 years ago that I still watch and rematch and chuckle at. The hosts and musical guests it gets are great. There have been so many legendary cast members, and many recurring sketches that always give me at least one good laugh.
- •ConanConan is probably my favorite late night talk show host. He's very good at interviewing his guests, and he and his team are good at putting together some pretty funny sketches and bits. Conan's monologues are pretty stellar, too, and his remotes are always incredible.
- •How I Met Your MotherLike with Friends, I've seen many episodes of How I Met Your Mother multiple times, since it has a lot of reruns. This show has a unique storytelling quality about it. I love the characters; they're unique and work well together. This show makes me laugh, smile, cry, and often gives me something to think about.