CELEBRITY ENCOUNTERS OF THE BEST KIND
Maybe not the best but they happened
- •MACAULAY CULKINHe threw a New Year's Eve party in Greenwich village on a hot summer's night in July so obvi had to check it. A countdown happened every hour on the hour complete with Auld Lang Syne. During one of those countdowns first 90s Bae himself hugged me and wished me a happy New Years. It was glorious for the 4 year old in me that had the hugest crush Kevin McAllister.
- •JULIETTE LEWISAt umami in LA (I won't let you tell me umami is not good). She was w a group and sang happy birthday. Maybe to somebody in her group or maybe to my friend who's birthday it was not.
- •LAUREN CONRADShe was doing press at Mall of America and I said out loud from a floor above that she should come to our restaurant for lunch. And guess what? She heard me because she showed up and my friend tossed her salad.
- •PAUL RUDDHe played poker at a hole in the wall in Hell's Kitchen that I frequented for not that reason. My roommate was hell bent on making out w him. He's a respectable married dude so it didn't happen and let's be real, we all would've judged if it did.
- •JAMES MARSDENI was getting my morning coffee in universal city (always go there if you want to see celebs or work in the area) and I thought to myself "hmm this guy wearing sunnie-G's inside and a low baseball cap is probs famous" then BOOM he turned around and I would recognize those cheekbones anywhere so nice try J. Mars.
- •JAKE GLYLLENHAALHe lived real real close to me when I lived in Brooklyn (don't ask me how I know that, it's a story for another time). I was sitting by the door and drinking my coffee at my fave coffee spot when he walked in. He also held the door for somebody and so stood right next me and I either whispered or said in my head over and over "I would never quit you I would never quit you".
- •CHANNING TATUMIt was a work thing and he is just so nice to everyone and he and his wife are so in love it makes me sick.
- •PAULA ABDULAnother work thing. No biggie.
- •BECK BENNETTThis dude follows me around the city. I've seen him twice. Don't you like have a job in New York or something?
- •WILL FORTEHe sat next to me and my friend at brunch. My friend proceeded to talk loudly about a new show called "Last Man On Earth" unbeknownst to him that the star of said show was sitting next to him. I got nervous and said "I can't talk to you about this right now" which obvi weirded out my friend also probably Will Forte.
- •MEKHI PHEIFERMy first month in LA and I was still blown away that stars are just everywhere. Mekhi (always wanted to be on first name basis w him) was bowling in the lane next to me so I texted all my friends and said we were bowling together which was not untrue.
- •ADAM LAMBERTHe's glamorous and I made him laugh. Everywhere we went people (gay men) came up to me and said "is that Adam lambert?" and I said yes and they became my best friends.
- •MARY-KATE OR ASHLEY OLSENThis was a big one for me. I grew up watching their Slumber Party videos and then one day in NYC I went to Sleep No More for the first time and who should sit at the table next to me in the lounge? Yup, you guessed it. Mary Kate or Ashley. How prophetic.
- •JOSH DUHAMELStill working the host stand at a tourist spot outside the Mall of America. I picked the most opportune time to do my hostess duties and collect menus from the bar when he came back from the bathroom. He knew my strategy and said "hey what's up" anyway from the kindness of his heart SWOON.
- •JOSH HARTNETTThis may be the earliest one, I was In high school. He was at the St. Paul winter carnival and so was I. My very pregnant sister @maryvs wanted to embarrass me by telling him that I was a huge fan but she didn't waddle over in time. I haven't seen him since so I guess I missed my chance.
- •JALEEL WHITEYeah, that's right, URKEL. Me and my friends watched in horror as our other friend went to go hit on him not knowing who he was. We also watched as she realized half way through. Then he flirted with her so it all worked out. Also saw BJ Novak and Andy Dick and got a mug saying "#1 dad" that night so I'd say overall successful.
- •LEONARDO DICAPRIOOH NO WAIT THIS STILL HASN'T HAPPENED WTF