THESE PODCASTS ARE TIGHT
Just so you know
- •GO BAYSIDEThis is what got me hooked on podcasts on the regular. April Richardson and friends extensively cover each and every episode of Saved By The Bell! Mark-Paul Gosselaar has yet to make an appearance but his recent guest spot with April on the @nerdist podcast was darn near close enough. The in depth speculation on the life and auteurism of recurring director Don Barnhart is worth an entire spin-off (this is my request/plea).
- •HOW DID THIS GET MADE
- •DOUG LOVES MOVIESI love movies, too! I could talk about movies all day but as it is frowned upon at work I will settle for listening to Doug and friends talk about movies all day.
- •TED RADIO HOUR
- •A CAST OF KINGSI have a serious addiction to Game of Thrones. Listening to Joanna Robinson and David Chen discuss each episode in length helps me process everything that has happened and is basically my own personal support group. No spoilers but you know nothing if you don't know why I'm still crying
- •THE CRACKED PODCASTTopics are wide and varied and I learn something new every week. Extensive research goes into every episode and the unique perspectives of the rotating commentators on topics such as Disney orphans, lesser known California history, insane conspiracy theories that are true, and the lie of movie apocalypses blow my mind. Love love love
- •MYSTERY SHOWHosted by Starlee Kine my detective queen. I have been wondering my whole life how the hell the McDonalds drive thru in Edina, MN operated out of a tiny brick box in the parking lot, completely separated from the actual McDonald's building. Was there a chute like at drive thru banks? Do drive thru banks still exist? Why was there a fake moon man playing a fake piano inside the McDonald's? Did he also run the food out to the drive thru box in a secret underground tunnel? Help.
- •WOMEN OF THE HOUROk, so this hasn't officially debuted at the time of this list but I listened to the preview and it's by my best TV friend @lenadunham and she has a lineup of lots of cool ladies to talk to and lots of cool feminist nerdy-but-in-a-cool-way topics to cover. I trust her, ok?
- •HISTORY CHICKSTwo fun ladies discussing in detail each episode about an important woman in history. Like me, they also geek about Laura Ingalls Wilder and Marie Antoinette and Anne Boleyn and the Duchess of Devonshire and the women of the Romanov family! The only drawback is that episodes only come out every few weeks BUT they spend all that time researching their subject so that they know all the good details we want to hear! Girl power! (Yes, that was me requesting an episode on the Spice Girls)
- •IT'S THAT EPISODE WITH CRAIG ROWINI will be honest and tell you I discovered this gem by searching the podcast app for "The Baby Sitters Club". Lo and behold, the hilariously witty Lauren Lapkus was a guest and picked the 80s classic TV version of the BSC for her episode with Craig. I have listened to multiple episodes since and can't get enough. Sadly for me, new episodes are very few and far between. Can we all unite and get it back?
- •80'S BABIES AND THE GREAT CINEMATIC DEBATEShameless plug, here. But how many of us are so lucky as to have a time each week devoted to sitting down with their hilarious friends (@ChristaBullock) and discussing a movie from their childhood? I laugh, I cry, I learn what the adults of the 80s and 90s were trying to instill in our young impressionable minds.