Things I've Learned On The Road
Some serious some funny
- •Shower while you canNot all camps are created equal when it comes to showers. Learn what a good one looks like and take a 45er while you can.
- •Sometimes you get KanyedSometimes a camp directors will steal your mic mid song, respond with grace.
- •Unlimited data is a good ideaYou'll wanna hear from people
- •Write stuff downRecord every memory. Remember every laugh.
- •You will meet the coolest peopleSome life long friends, some only for a moment. Cherish there existence for exactly the time you get to be part of it.
- •Be flexiblePlans change, people forget things, nothing ever goes as planned, learn to roll with the punches.
- •Pray. Every time you can.God always come through. Not always as you think he should but always in His perfection.
- •Bond with camp directorsThey control your life for the week. Better friend than an enemy.
- •You're not going to know EVERY kid.Know who you can and focus on quality of connections rather than quantity. It isn't hard to know names.
- •Stay focusedThere will be cute counselors, new friends and temptation everywhere to forget what you're there for. Keep your eyes on the prize.
- •There will be a team coupleProbably because it's prohibited. There's always a flirtation. Odds are it won't work out, don't get caught in the aftermath.
- •You'll get close with your teamFamily close, awkwardly close. Drawers of spoons and lots of hand holding close.
- •Underwear are maliciousNo matter how organized you are, no matter how hard you try, they will fall out of your bag in front of the opposite gendered teammates at all the wrong moments
- •You get annoyedLearn which mountains to die on and which things are worth talking about and what's able to be looked over, above all forgive quickly and move on fast.
- •Hug everybodyWho doesn't love a hug? It makes an impact
- •Control humorJoke as a team, as counselors, but we don't need middle schoolers knowing we laugh at "that's what she said".