THINGS MY GRANDMA SAID TO ME IN THE YEARS BEFORE SHE DIED
She died in 2005 at the ripe old age of 97. She was kind of a bitch.
- •Learn Latin. It's the only way you will get the respect of men.This was warranted for her day- she wanted me to be a lawyer.
- •Marry a doctor. It's the only way you will get the respect of other men.Not warranted
- •Don't listen to your mother. She's an idiot.My mom is not an idiot. My mom is brilliant.
- •If you don't clean your room you will never find a husband.
- •If you don't wear shoes you will never find a husband.
- •Children should be seen and not heard.
- •When you have money you should buy gold.
- •You're too loud to ever find a husband. You must learn to shut up.
- •You're okay. You just have those Australian thighs.
- •Women shouldn't have big feet. It's unattractive.
- •Make sure you get all my rings when I die. You are the only one with a clean bloodline.I don't even know what this means... other than I am the ONLY woman born in that bloodline in 3 generations besides my sister who she didn't like.
- •Your father is my favorite.She said this a lot.