Films That Influenced Me
My first suggested list! Thanks @johnnywebber! So this is an incomplete list of the films that influence my writing and directing. The list of films that influence me as a person is probably never-ending 😁
- •Magnolia (1999)Raw emotion and a sweeping scope. A aspire to make something half as affecting.
- •Beginners (2010)I love the way it plays with form and its impressionistic style. Another super feelings-y movie.
- •Nebraska (2013)I love to write about family and this (like the first two movies) is perfect example of a well-written parent/child relationship. I watched this so many times while writing my first screenplay.
- •Chungking Express (1994)Ughhh I LOVE this movie. Multiple story lines, intensely stylized, intensely thematically driven.
- •Frances Ha (2012)Such a well-made main character.
- •The Apartment (1960)The best of the best. If I can muster up a fraction of Billy Wilder's talent, I'll consider myself a success.