A Few Thoughts About British Food
As thought by an American after working in a British cafe in Germany.
- •There's a lot of butter going on here.
- •Marmite is on this toast and it's not the worst.
- •No, there isn't cheese on the breakfast sandwich.
- •Nap time should follow immediately after breakfast.
- •Was not kidding about the butter. This is getting wild.
- •Clotted cream is delicious, but never in isolation.
- •It's pronounced Rye-bee-nuh.
- •Peas still taste like gross old peas even when they are mushy.
- •Yeah, ok, Heinz beans are better.
- •Can I get an extra poppadom and mango chutney with this curry, please?
- •Black pudding sounds more appealing than blood sausage.
- •Seriously, more butter?