Walking Reykjavik (the Illustrated Saga of a Day's Wander)
The best way to see any city is to walk though it. Http://www.penlenspaintbrush.com/walking-reykjavik/
- •Started the day walking from KEX hostel past the Sun Voyager ship sculpture on up to Hallgrimskirkja to hear the excellent Schola Chamber Choir and see a bird's eye view of the city
- •From there it was a short walk to the Handknitters' Association of Iceland shop to get a hand knit lopapeysa sweater.
- •The road was painted rainbow for the Pride parade happening later that week!
- •Tasty treats along the way: Baenarin's Beztu Pylsur...a delicious hotdog, sampling Icelandic foods at Tapas Barinn, and enjoying some seriously good ice cream at Valdis on the water's edge.
- •Along the way was a super sketchy playground complete with broken glass, rust, and random rope about.
- •And bike shaped bike racks!
- •Walked out along the harbor with ice cream cone in hand to watch the sunset over the city from the strange mound art called "Thufa"