What I Love Most About Germany
Deutschland is wonderful. Since I just wrote a list about what I miss in America after 2.5 yrs living in Germany, I figured I should share what I love most about living in Rhineland-Pfalz, DE.
- •Christmas marketsHOW did all of those German immigrants to the US of A not carry this tradition over with them??
- •Everything is closed on SundayOccasionally vexing, but mostly just awesome to have a day where you can't convince yourself you should run errands. A much needed and much enjoyed day of rest.
- •Baked goodsGerman baked goods win
- •Walking pathsThere are walking paths everywhere--EVERYWHERE. From town to town, through forests, up hills, by streams, along ancient roman routes and roads, by castles...they connect it all.
- •Waiters leave you alone to enjoy a meal undisturbed
- •Roe deerI like spotting these little guys all over
- •So rich in historyFrom be oldest sculpture (the lion man) to now, Germany is a great place for history lovers
- •CastlesThere are over 20,000 either ruined or complete castles in Germany. Take your pick.
- •Football match atmosphere
- •FestsBasically all of the festivals are excellent in their own ways
- •White asparagus soup
- •Bacchus wine