"BEST" 90S ROMCOMS
A list of my top ten from 13 year old me and 25 year old me. (Mind you I didn't see While You Were Sleeping, Sleepless in Seattle, or There's something about Mary till I was in my twenties.) @meganostrike this is for you!
- •Get Over ItThe cast- it's just amazing. I apparently at 13 thought Sisqo should win an Oscar- maybe I should not be pursuing acting.
- •10 Things I Hate About YouThere may be a theme- Shakespeare remakes (THAT COULD BE ANOTHER LIST) But a cranky girl gets beautiful Heath Ledger. I'm obsessed and don't get me started on JGL.
- •ANY FREDDIE PRINCE JR. MovieEspecially if there was a dance scene in it. I was especially in love worth HEAD OVER HEELS (even though the models did all the dancing) anddd SHE'S ALL THAT
- •Beauty and The BeastYes it was Disney but I went on to see this musical four times and I still watch the movie. I am thankful I am not into beasteality. (I had to look up the spelling to that word) BUT the movie is a tale as old as time.
- •PRETTY WOMANMan, oh, man. Did it make every woman kind of wanna be an escort just in case she found her Richard Gere. I still wanna live out that fantasy of the shopping epicness.
- •Notting Hill and all other Julia Roberts MoviesPretty Woman gets its own section will put runaway bride, notting hill and Bestfriends wedding in one bullet point... Or this list will get too long.
- •Groundhogs DayComedy gold and my favorite BILL MURRAY.
- •Never Been Kissed & The Wedding SingerSo, I lied I am doing movies and actors I guess- the list EVOLVED. Drew Barrymore is ADORABLE. She can make anything amazing and she DOES.
- •CluelessSomehow I feel like all of these movies are versions of classics. MAYBE SO- and I love it. Don't get me started on my boys for Paul Rudd he's just amazing.
- •Romy & Michele's High School ReinionMay be more of a "friend com" but I don't care. I love it. They learn to be who they are, adorable blondes who love each other. Great message for 13 year old me who was bat mitzvahed- should have wrote about this movie in my bat mitzvah speech. Next time!