Already on li.st? Open in app.
It's been a good week
- •The Great British Bake Off
- •Escape to the CountryIt's the British version of House Hunters and it's so nice
- •Desk SetIt's a Katherine Hepburn Spencer Tracy flick that would be amazing to remake
Wow that's a lot of notifications
- •Self confidenceAm I even funny? Do I have something of worth to say?
- •It's been quiet uptownLike just really routine. School, work, watching tv. Nothing special. I haven't posted to instagram either in months
- •Big Changes are happeningLike career change big. Buying a house big.
As evidenced by my bookshelf and Netflix queue
- •Ancient Rome
- •Henry VIII
- •Ages 0-8: PrincessMainly Disney, once fairy
- •Age 9: StarBlack turtleneck and leggings, big yellow poster board star with gold rick-rack and glitter on it.
- •Age 10: ToothfairyRecycled fairy princess costume from age 6, with a posterboard tooth
Let it goooooooooooo
- •False friendsAlso former who have been separated by time and distance. Facebook is both a boon and a pain.
- •Former selvesI am not who I was one, five, or twenty years ago. Let it go.
- •Self doubtWhat is it they say, that the highest walls we need to climb are from within ourselves? Yeah.
- •Book: The Horse, the Wheel, and LanguageIt's a look into the people who spoke Proto-Indo-European around 3000 BCE
- •Music: Arcade FireI've had every song on repeat for the past three days and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
- •TV: Modern FamilyMy husband and I watch a few episodes a night. So far we are in season two and it's awesome.
I started this as a personal project on paper, just a sort of journaling exercise. What have I learned from this? There's so much that I am interested in! Ugh no wonder I love wikipedia.
- •Early American history1607-1820 or so
- •Medieval historyAlso philosophy, religion, art, politics...
Yeah yeah I'm a day late. I had this great idea last night while watching fireworks and by the time I got home all I wanted to do was collapse into bed.
- •2016: Portland, TXMade an apple pie from scratch for the first time. Watched 1776, ate hot dogs and hamburgers. Went to the Corpus Christi aquarium for fireworks.
- •2015: Nashville, TNVisited Codys friends there. We ate really good pancakes and it rained but we saw some fireworks anyways.
- •2014: Houston, TXWe were going to see the symphony play at the park but it rained so we stayed home and watched the fireworks from the apartment balcony.
All hail Netflix! (And HBO)
- •TudorsSure it isn't exactly historically accurate, but damn if it isn't good
- •Sex and the CityI'm a Charlotte and a cliché and I don't care
- •Buffy the Vampire SlayerStraight up amazing.
I saw something about this yesterday and it piqued my interest: I've always wanted to read more classic literature so I think I'll start working through this list! You can read about it here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokklubben_World_Library but basically a bunch of international authors got together and chose the 100 best books of all time.
- 1.Achebe, Chinua: Things Fall ApartOk so I read this freshman year of high school, almost 11 years ago. I'll re-read it because it was so long ago.
- 2.Anonymous: Book of JobRead this twice, each time I did the read the Bible in a year thing. I've never read it from a literary perspective though so I'll look up some commentary and read it again.
- 3.Austen, Jane: Pride and PrejudiceI've read this at least a dozen times (check out my earlier list about books I've read at least twice).