The Last Ten Fourth of Julys
Yeah yeah I'm a day late. I had this great idea last night while watching fireworks and by the time I got home all I wanted to do was collapse into bed.
- •2016: Portland, TXMade an apple pie from scratch for the first time. Watched 1776, ate hot dogs and hamburgers. Went to the Corpus Christi aquarium for fireworks.
- •2015: Nashville, TNVisited Codys friends there. We ate really good pancakes and it rained but we saw some fireworks anyways.
- •2014: Houston, TXWe were going to see the symphony play at the park but it rained so we stayed home and watched the fireworks from the apartment balcony.
- •2013: Houston, TXI was housesitting for a family friend who had two dogs, an angry parrot, several cats and some chickens. My family stopped by with Whole Foods fried chicken and we watched National Treasure. I watched 1776 later that night with the dogs.
- •2012: Houston, TXSaw the Houston symphony play and watched the fireworks from the park!
- •2011: Houston, TXI was working at Urban Outfitters and missed the BBQ party my family was invited to so I had some froyo instead.
- •2010: Colorado Springs, CONational Treasure and fireworks.
- •2009: Colorado Springs, CO1776 and fireworks!
- •2008: Hackensack, MNI was at Concordia's French immersion camp for a few weeks. We watched fireworks from the lake and sang camp songs in French.
- •2007: Williamsburg, VAI spent three weeks at William and Mary for their NAIHD program (aka history nerd camp). Hands down my favorite Fourth of July ever. Watched 1776 for the first time.