About My First Week of My Internship Studying Oysters in The Gulf of Mexico
Thanks @kate81 for giving me the push I need to keep you guys updated. Just finished my first week at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab and here is what I've been doing!
- •Everyone in the lab is great!
- •I've spent multiple days grinding oyster guts so by the end of the summer I should have killer arm muscles.
- •I've washed, cleaned, and dissected a ton of oysters.
- •Everything has to be extremely sterile to avoid contamination of results so a lot of my job has been washing equipment.
- •No one tells you when you get into scientific research that you will spend a considerable amount of time washing dishes (lab equipment) but you do.
- •I'm not complaining though because that's just part of working in a lab and I am finally doing marine research!!!!
- •Tomorrow is my first field day so I'll be out on a boat collecting oysters!