Already on li.st? Open in app.
This is a list of the tracks I'm grooving to this week that really pleased my ears. :) As Devour the Day aptly said, "Music is my God. My records are Jesus Christ."
- •Escape the Fate - One for the Money
- •Through Fire - Stronger
- •System of a Down - B.Y.O.B.
It's been a rough summer for our family. 3.5 months after we had to say goodbye to our cat Malcolm after a long battle with cancer, our cat Allie passed away on Sept. 2 after fighting off kidney disease for a year and a half. I will miss our baby girl so much, and I hope she knows how much she was/is loved. This is a list of what I will miss most.
- •The "Sip Sip"Allie had a very special relationship and bond with her father (my husband Chris) and they had a special and unique way of communicating with each other. Allie had to take a liquid medication twice per day, so to make it easier on her, Chris taught her to smack her lips when she was ready to take her medication. He would bring out the syringe and say "sip sip" and she would know to raise her head and smack her lips when she was ready for him to deliver her "slurpee." It was absolutely adorable.
- •Turbo BushkaAllie's nickname was Babushka (Bushka for short) because she was very nurturing and a mother figure to our other cats. She was often gentle and slow in her walk and actions too. However, sometimes she would suddenly just dart across the room at warp speed for no apparent reason. It was particularly cute because Allie had big paws that looked like rabbit feet and short little caterpillar legs, so watching her run was really fun. We called this phenomenon Turbo Bushka.
This is a list of my favorite horror films. It takes a lot for a horror movie to impress me these days, but I don't pretend to have seen everything, and I'm always trying to find movies that will actually scare me, so please add your picks in the comments. This list also doesn't include the obvious horror classics that everyone already knows about.
- •1973 - The ExorcistI would argue this is objectively the best horror movie ever made. It isn't necessarily the most enjoyable or fun to watch, and I don't watch it often these days, but it is so well made, the special effects are amazing, and it holds up really well even though it was made 40+ years ago (well except for the scene where all of the doctors are smoking in the hospital). It is also damn scary.
- •1987 - The Lost BoysThis has to be on my list because it's the first horror movie I can recall watching as a kid, and it scared me so much I had to call my mom to come and walk me home from my friend's house after it was over. I had to sleep in my parents' bedroom that night too. Also, if you are from my generation, you have to love the Two Coreys films from the 80s!
- •1991 - The Silence of the LambsI feel like this one is pretty self-explanatory.
Saying goodbye to our cat Malcolm on May 22, 2016 after a year-long fight with cancer was the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. I love him and will miss him and everything about him so much, but he was a very unique cat so this is a list of the most interesting and fun things I will miss about our amazing little man.
- •His Voracious AppetiteMalcolm was a true foodie. Even though his weight fluctuated between only 7.5 and 9.5 pounds in the last year, he could really put it away. He would devour an entire 3 oz. can of Fancy Feast (his favorite) every few hours, and he would climb all over my desk and park himself in front of my computer and meow when it was feeding time. Food brought him so much joy that feeding time is the hardest time of day for me now, and I still occasionally put out a plate for him when I feed our other cats.
- •"The Tooth"When Malcolm was really excited or happy to see you (and usually while I was preparing his breakfast at the kitchen counter), he would give your leg a headbutt and then drag his canine ("fang") tooth along and around your leg. We would say Malcolm is "giving you the tooth."
- •His Growling and Bull-Like BellowingOccasionally when Malcolm was especially hungry and another baby would get a little too close to his plate, he would send out a little muffled growl and then bellow like a bull. He'd breathe out and puff his fur out so he'd look all big and tough, and then he'd make that huffing and puffing sound a bull will make before he charges at a matador. It was adorable, and he would do all of this while he was still eating. He wouldn't take his eyes off his plate or stop eating even for a second.