THINGS YOU EAT AND DRINK GROWING UP IN RHODE ISLAND
- •Del's LemonadeDelicious frozen lemonade slush with little bits of the rind. One of RI's official state drinks.
- •Coffee MilkThe other state drink, like chocolate milk or strawberry milk, but coffee-flavored. You can make it with syrup (Autocrat) or a bunch of the milk companies sold it pre-mixed.
- •ClamcakesDeep-fried balls of dough and clam. A staple at every beach snack stand.
- •WienersSmall hot dogs served with mustard, onions and meat sauce. Steamed bun. So damn good.
- •QuahogsIf you're eating clams in New England (steamed, stuffed, fried, chowder), you're probably eating quahogs.
- •Newport Creamery Awful AwfulsRI's most famous milkshake, they make all of the flavors with vanilla ice cream and syrup. At one point if you drank three they'd give you the fourth one for free.