MY LOW CARB JOURNEY THROUGH HELL
It's only been a few days and I'm Italian.
- •Let's cut carbs and start working out more... It'll be easyEats pizza for dinner. Okay... Starting tomorrow we are cutting carbs
- •First Day: Nervous OptimismBusts ass at the gym. Goes home and eats fruit as a snack. Feeling a little too proud of myself at this point.
- •Second Day: Withdraw beginsGets back from the gym... Opens the pantry and there is a bag of pretzels starring menacingly back at me. I take just a few, oops.
- •Third Day:Anger and RageI want pasta and a loaf of Italian bread in the worst way possible. Turns on food network, god dammit Giada's making 3 different pasta dishes today.
- •Fourth Day: Pure HungerMy cravings make me want to eat for two right now... So hungry... No I don't want my stupid green juice I want a goddam bagel
- •Fifth Day: SurrenderMom made pasta for dinner. You don't ever not eat your mother's pasta. The sauce, pasta, and red wine feels like a gift hand delivered from Jesus himself. Suddenly all is right in the world.