MY RANKING OF HOMEMADE ITALIAN PASTA SAUCES
This is the hardest list I've ever had to make. Wayyy too much thought went into this.
- •8. Alfredo SauceSo rich, but so heavy
- •7. Garlic and olive oilImpossible to mess up, but so boring
- •6. Puttanesca SauceMeans "whore's sauce" in Italian, kinda fishy...
- •5. PestoSo good, so many variations, always acceptable in the summer
- •4. PomodoroSimple and delicious...tomato haters steer clear
- •3. BologneseEssentially every Sunday dinner coupled with a glass of red wine... Ranked 3rd only because it can be a little heavy from time to time
- •2. Marinara SauceClassic and simplistic... No one makes it better than yo momma, and don't give me any of that jar shit either
- •1. Vodka SauceLiterally perfection in sauce form. Perfect blend of tomato, creaminess and sweetness. Ideal on pizza and pasta! *swap out the marinara sauce on chicken parm with vodka sauce and you'll never go back*
- •***insert Clam Sauce in between Pesto and Pomodoro: bad for seafood haters, but it comes in red AND white versions. Always a family favorite***