Genres of Names for Babies I Have Rejected for My Own
...this is not how I'm breaking the news.
- 1.Cow names: Elsie, Clara, etc.
- 2.Place names: Brooklyn, Austin
- 3.Any name that makes me think of G I Joes: Logan, Jones, Mitchell
- 4.Names that belonged to my father's secretaries: Carol, Stacey, Sue
- 5.Foodstuffs: Crumpet, Apple
- 6.Names that are clearly from works of literature I have not read but have seen the musical of: Cosette, Eliot
- 7.Names that are normal but spelled insanely: Emmalea (Emily), Sheyawn (Cheyanne)
- 8.Names that make men elbow each other but I don't know why: Dill