JANE AUSTEN MOVIES, RANKED
Thank you dear sweet @DawnCloud for the request. **not a definitive list** These are my humble opinions/personal favs. I don't fight on the World Wide Web, but please feel free to rationally object and I will love it so much. Or you can also yell if it feels right, I will still 💗 you.
- •Pride and Prejudice, 1995 mini-seriesShout out to the dream boat himself, Colin Firth. That's all the love I have for this. My apologies.
- •Persuasion, 1995Dashing Naval officers and a long lost love returned = sign me the eff up. Also, Anne is perhaps the most likable of all Austen's leading ladies — warm, affectionate, intelligent, and a bit mischievous.
- •Pride and Prejudice, 2005Ok, this movie is beautiful. It's a *smidge* overhyped in my opinion but the cinematography alone is deserving of praise. The score is also 💯. Didn't love the Darcy casting all that much, but Colin Firth ruined me forever. It's hard to find a better Elizabeth Bennet than Kiera Knightly. Donald Sutherland is incredible in this.
- •Mansfield Park, 1999Unrequited love. Poor girl out of place living with rich relatives. Modest sexual tension that builds to a (somehow incredibly satisfying) single kiss in the closing minutes. Highly underrated. Good stuff.
- •Clueless, 1995A modern retelling of "Emma." I don't have to sell you on this movie I hope?? Paul Rudd would be NOTHING and absolute GARBAGE without Clueless. Alicia Silverstone at her most adorable. Knee socks!
- •Sense and Sensibility, 1995Kate Winslet is my favorite actress of all time and Emma Thompson is flaw👏🏻less👏🏻 in this movie. Sisterhood is a big theme and I am a sister-less monster ALL I WANT IS TO BE A DASHWOOD
- •Emma, 1996Listen, I know it's very en vogue to hate Gwyneth but I don't and this movie is incredible. Mr. Knightley is the most charming man in the Jane Austen catalog. Emma is a very flawed character and extremely selfish and mostly terrible but that's why she's the most relatable. I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL