Li.st of Best Things about being an Entrepreneur
As a founder and first time CEO of a startup projected to do over $10 million in revenue next year, it's been quite a roller coaster ride, but it's easily been the best decision of my life. Here is a list of benefits I've found reasons I encourage everyone to follow their dreams.
- •Self discovery. Realize your strengths and weaknesses, areas of improvement, identify traits that have held you back, recognize greatness in others and endeavor to apply them to your self.
- •Pushing boundaries. Wake up earlier, work longer, drink and relax less, and have it fuel your passion as you get closer and closer to your goal.
- •Change the world. Even if it's just your microcosm, or if it is still a hope for the future. Working your way to the top will enable you to do good as you see fit.
- •Build a team. It's imperative to surround yourself with people who are better, smarter, and different from yourself. The bonds you create as you work hard to achieve a goal are amazing.
- •Stop waiting tables. Although I am presently (at the time of authoring this list) still also waiting tables to find my startup, ShedWool (the first free online scheduling and staffing solution), the goal and motivation is real. So real.
- •Give back to your community. This is different than changing the world. Rather it's enriching your environment. Becoming a job creator, a councilman, a mentor, and a decision maker for good is the best feeling in the world.
- •Prove your doubters wrong. Most people will think and say that you can't do it or make it. When you make it, don't gloat. If you have to say "I told you so", do it in your head (as you leave them in the dust in your new Tesla Model S).
- •Be a role model! Because seriously, who doesn't dream of being a role model.