BOOKS I HAVE READ MORE THAN ONCE
Inspired by @msalisonpill. I rarely re-read so it was really fun for me to look at my shelf and do this list. Now I want to re-read all of these!
- •THE SOLACE OF LEAVING EARLY by Haven KimmelA beautifully written, thoughtful, complicated novel that I learn more from every time I read it. One of my favourites.
- •THE HORSEMAN'S GRAVES by Jacqueline BakerA stunningly dark story that ranks with Cormac McCarthy in my world. The opening section is some of the best, most stunning, writing I have ever read.
- •THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV by Fyodor DostoevskyBecause you really have to read it more than once to get anything out of it. Ya gotta work for this one.
- •BAROMETER RISING by Hugh MacLennanMost people read his more famous TWO SOLITUDES but I have an endless fascination with the Halifax Explosion and this book started it off.
- •TELLING THE TRUTH: THE GOSPEL AS TRAGEDY, COMEDY AND FAIRY TALE by Frederick Buechner.Probably my most re-read book and the book I most frequently give to people.
- •THE BIBLEDon't think I need to explain that one. 😊