THE TOP TEN MOVIES OF ALL TIME, ACCORDING TO ME 🎥
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •His Girl FridayScrewball comedy at its best.
- •The WomenThe 1939 Joan Crawford version, please. I will watch anything with Crawford in it, but this is the one where I first saw her, so it holds a special place.
- •Miller's CrossingSurprisingly hard not to make this list a Coen brothers lovefest, but I limited myself to two. This is a criminally underappreciated gem.
- •TrainspottingThis knocked my socks off the first time I saw it in theatres, and still wows me.
- •Touch of EvilOrson Welles at the top of his game.
- •The Usual SuspectsThe best twist in cinematic history; that mug drop is a perfect slice of cinerama. Kobayashiiiiii!!!
- •The Big LebowskiThe Coens are an embarrassment of riches, but The Dude abides.
- •RushmoreA perfect movie. Bill Murray should have been a lock for an Oscar nod for this scene alone https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NSC7I7rOmYI.
- •Pulp FictionHalf this list could have been Tarantino films, but Pulp Fiction can hold the fort; brash, brilliant, laugh-out-loud funny - it's everything I love about his movies.
- •GoodfellasI will never get over the fact this lost Best Picture to Dances with Wolves. Hands-down my favourite movie of all time; I can't even choose a particular scene to single out I love the whole that much. And the lines! "Funny how? Funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you?" or the freeze on "One day some of the kids from the neighborhood carried my mother's groceries all the way home. You know why? It was outta respect." I've watched it countless times, and will never get tired of it.