THINGS THAT HAPPENED DURING MY 2 YEARS AS CHUCK E. CHEESE IN RONKONKOMA LONG ISLAND
From 2004-2006 I was Chuck E. Cheese. The manager there told me I was the first person to ever apply for that job, usually they just forced a disgruntled employee to do it.
- •When the children would see a piece of my skin they would scream "he's a fake" and jump on me.
- •I was getting paid $5.15 an hour.
- •I wasn't allowed to speak as Chuck E. so I would make a hand motion like I had a sore throat.
- •My first day on the job the other Chuck E. Cheese said he wanted to beat the record for longest time in the suit. He hit 2 hours and it was drenched in sweat when I put the costume on.
- •They asked me to clean shit out of the ball pit after I just put on a fantastic show for Mikey's 8th birthday.
- •They had the Kidz Bop version of Kelly Clarkson's "Since You've Been Gone" on a loop for the entire 2 years I was there.
- •One of the chefs called me a pussy for not liking Daddy Yankee. In retrospect he was right, I was a pussy for that.
- •They paid me $5.15 an hour.